Textbook of Human Anatomy with Color Atlas and Clinical Integration Volume 1 Upper Limb and Volume 2 Thorax has been written to solve the difficulties faced by the students about learning and acquiring knowledge of anatomy. This book resolves the need of referring multiple books. The most common concerns of the students are the necessity of atlas for better understanding, simple line diagrams for practice and recapitulation during examination, requirement of flowcharts for rapid revision, difficulty in understanding anatomical basis of the diseases,and need of advanced knowledge.
Text, graphics and clinical integration adequately meet the requirements of the Competency Based Undergraduate Curriculum 2018 1 prescribed by the Medical Council of India .The pattern followed in the individual chapters is based on the Miller’s pyramid . It helps to train the student to achive the required levels of the given competencies: knows (K), knows how (KH), and shows how (SH), with the help of included domains of learning: knowledge (K) and skill (S).
The salient features of this book are:
- A complete textbook on the subject for undergraduate medical students.
- Concise text with functional correlation for quick recapitulation during examination (horizontal integration).
- Color atlas illustrations provide easy imagining of anatomical structures.
- Line diagramsare easy to draw figures for theory examination.
- Clinical integration provides early clinical exposure and an orientation towards the pathogenesis of the disease (vertical integration).
- Flowcharts help to revise and memorize the text and to overcome the difficulty of summarising the facts in theory examinations and consolidation of knowledge.
- NEXT, MCQ, Viva voce, Spotters and Clinical fact markings for preparation of various upcoming academic entrance examinations .
- Boxesprovide focus on important topics.
- Interesting facts isolate them from the main text so that these facts should not be missed and ease the burden of text during revision.