Key features of the book:
A comprehensive textbook of neurological evaluation.
- Chapters devoted to each phase of the neurological examination, discussing the significance of both common and rare clinical findings and how best to elicit them.
- Additional chapters are devoted to the best approach to complicated diagnostic syndromes including spinal cord disorders, brachial and lumbosacral plexus disorders, and other neurologic conditions.
- Clinical findings and their significance are explained with hundreds of figures, along with tables, case studies, and photographs.
- Simple explanations with great depth of detail make this book an excellent resource for students as well as consultants.
- Throughout the book, the emphasis is on seeking out potential diagnostic pitfalls and confusing symptoms and signs and tackling them head-on with a logical and clear approach.
- Hundreds of specific points – Pearls and Pitfalls – help in elucidating diagnostic dilemmas.
- Represents the wealth of neurologic knowledge and experiences compiled by the authors, over many decades of experience in practicing and teaching neurology.
About the authors:
Dr. M. Madhusudanan MD (General Medicine) DM (Neurology)
He has been the Professor and Head of Neurology in various medical colleges in South India and is a renowned clinician and teacher of Neurology. In his long career, he has supervised the training of generations of neurologists. He has co-authored a textbook, conducted innumerable teaching conferences, and now conducts weekly virtual grand rounds for other neurologists in the country.
Dr. A. Anand Kumar MD (General Medicine) DM (Neurology)
He is Professor and Head of Neurology at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi and is a highly-regarded clinician and teacher of Neurology. He is also an avid educator and vice-principal of the medical college. In his long career, he has supervised the training of many neurologists, co-authored a textbook, and conducted numerous teaching conferences.
Dr. Arun N. Babu MD (New York) DABPN
He is a consultant in Neurology in Buffalo, New York, USA, and is an accomplished clinician and teacher of Neurology. He is formerly an associate professor at the State University of New York in Brooklyn. He has co - authored a textbook, and been an innovative educator as well as researcher in the basic neurosciences.