The gold standard text for the biologic basis, pathology, and pathophysiology of surgical diseases.
For more than 80 years, Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice has been the go-to text for trainees and surgeons at all levels of experience for definitive guidance on every aspect of general surgery. As the oldest continuously published textbook of surgery in North America, this fully revised 21st Edition continues to provide the key information, essential teaching pearls, and completely updated content needed to make the most informed surgical decisions and achieve optimal outcomes for patients. Concisely written and evidence based throughout, it covers the breadth of material required for certification and practice of general surgery, highlighted by detailed, full-color intraoperative illustrations and high-quality video clips.
- Follows a clear, consistent progression beginning with principles common to surgical specialties including fluid and electrolyte management, metabolic support, and wound healing,. Subsequent sections review the management of injury, transplantation, oncology, breast, endocrine, and abdominal procedures.
- Covers key topics such as emerging surgical technologies and devices, regenerative medicine, the latest concepts in cancer biology and treatments, and evidence-based management and treatment.
- Emphasized the most up-to-date minimally invasive techniques and the use of robotics when indicated.
- Features more than 2000 superb illustrations and intraoperative photographs and 25 procedural videos that facilitate quick comprehension of surgical techniques.
- Includes more schematic diagrams, summary, tables, boxes and algorithms that provide a rich resource for reviewing surgical techniques and preparing for in-training and board exams.
- Shares the expertise of dozens of new authors and includes two new chapters on robotic surgery and fatal surgery.
- Contains fully updated content on topics encountered by general surgery residents in training as well as in -depth coverage of subspecialty areas including head and neck, thoracic, vascular, urology, neurosurgery, pediatrics and gynecology.