Forensic Medicine is a vast and ever-challenging subject. It is a unique subject, where undergraduates, postgraduates and faculty alike have to keep pace with developments not only in medicine but also in law.The book contains 52 chapters along with a number of useful proforma as Annexures. A good number of new topics such as forensic osteology; forensic odontology; human rights, custodial torture and deaths; crime scene investigation and techniques in museum, have increased the depth and width of the book. All the text illustrations are updated with recent advancement on forensic medicine.
Special emphasis has been given to the upcoming concepts such as biomedical waste management, human experimentation, DNA profiling and related issues.
The book targets mainly the undergraduate (MBBS) students in particular and the postgraduate students of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology in general. It also aims at the doctors, working in rural areas of India, who deal with maximum number of medicolegal cases, police and lawyers
• Simple and significant text illustrations for easier understanding
• Covers all the vital topics of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
• Includes a good number of new topics such as forensic osteology; forensic odontology; forensic serology; human rights, custodial torture and deaths; crime scene investigation and techniques in museum, which increase the depth and width of the book.
• All the text illustrations are updated with the recent advancement in forensic medicine.
• Enriched with distinct colored photographs, drawings, sketches, flow charts, and tables to make the book easier and more approachable
• Each and every chapter is screened by a group of renowned teachers of our profession for giving importance over practical experience
• Contains a good number of Chapters contributed by notable forensic experts which increase the depth and breadth of the book.