The book is well produced with good printing and layout. It is divided into two sections. The first section has independent chapters about planning of operation theater, OT tables and lighting, electrocauteries, drills, sutures and needles, bone scalpels, endoscopes, C-arms, navigation, etc. which take our understanding of them to a new level. Significant importance is given to, draping for surgery, theater discipline, equipment maintenance and even data recording and storage. The second section covers practical issues in all the routine spine approaches. These chapters take us through practical anatomy, positioning, tricks and tips for successful surgical outcome in each procedure. There are chapters on sublaminar wiring, dural repair, vascular repair, iliac crest bone grafting, spinal injections, etc. guiding the readers about using them when situation demands resorting to them.
- This is a unique book focusses on the operation theatre.
- Section I is about the theater room, its design, layout and equipment and instruments required in spine surgery.
- Section II covers the detail of each spinal procedure from the table layout to the salient points of the specific surgery.
- All chapters have ample and appropriate illustrations that enhance the clarity of deliberations.
- Each chapter is replete with tips and tricks.
- Contributions from the members of ASSI.