The extent to which visual anomalies hurt children-medically, psychologically, educationally, and socially-is unprecedented and is often underappreciated and overlooked. This book, therefore, encompasses myriad of ocular disorders and diseases which affect several parts of eye and the visual system. The book has emerged from long years of arduous, painstaking and sincere clinical work. It is also an essence of the plight, pains and pitfalls faced by children who suffer from ocular disorders. More importantly, the book is laced with chapters from experts from all over the world, who have penned the best and recent clinical advice, which will benefit the learner as well as the learned.
- The book is divided into two parts—the first part deals with basic sciences of vision, their anomalies and diseases of eye and adnexa; while the second part is dedicated to strabismus.
- It also encompasses strabismic disorders in adults.
- The book is laced with chapters from experts in their respective fields, who are the faculty in renowned institutions of the world.
- Surgical procedures have been briefly described.
- It should be on the desk of every clinician who handles pediatric patients.