This 3rd edition reflects the immense advances that pediatric nephrology has seen in recent times and has many new features to enhance learning. The entire spectrum of pediatric kidney disease is presented comprehensively, yet in an easy-to-read format with colorful illustrations, tables and flowcharts. Each of the 15 sections has been written to provide the necessary theoretical concepts to understand a disease, yet focuses on the practical approach to a patient. For the first time, each chapter includes references. We have introduced new chapters on genetics of kidney disease, COVID-19- related kidney disease, nephro-pharmacology, AKI to CKD progression, bio-ethics, and transition of care from pediatric to adult nephrology. In keeping with today’s practice, the book contains online links to disease registries and databases. The appendices contain easy to reference normative data charts and algorithms.
- Fifteen chapters covering new topics with recent updates have been included—renal genetics, nephro-pharmacology, AKI to CKD, bioethics for nephrologists, pediatric to adult transition of care, COVID-19-related kidney disease, tropical infections and the kidney, ambulatory BP monitoring, urine analysis, and failure to thrive due to kidney disease.
- Chapters contributed by leading experts in specific areas of pediatric nephrology.
- Ready reckoner on registries, guidelines, procedures, drug dosage protocols and nomograms in nephrology.
- Simple, easy to use, algorithmic approach to kidney diseases for clinicians and trainees.
- Attractive colored illustrations, flowcharts, tables and figures.
- Chapters with citations of recent references, conclusion and key points highlighted.
- Collaborative contribution by authors from key pediatric nephrology centers across the country.