Diagnostic Dermoscopy delivers a focused, practical and user-friendly guide to diagnosing the most frequently seen presentations of skin lesions practitioners encounter in clinic. The new edition offers a comprehensive collection of strategies to find and diagnose skin cancers at an earlier point in their evolution, and to increase confidence in diagnosing benign lesions to reduce both patient morbidity and mortality.
The many full-colour illustrations included within are standardised to aid in recognition, while the adjoining dermoscopy images focus on critical diagnostic features which, when combined with the provided clinical information, are sufficient for specific diagnoses or narrow differential diagnoses. The new edition is formatted to aid teledermoscopy education, including many illustrated cases for reference. Diagnostic Dermoscopy offers:
- A comprehensive overview of melanocytic lesions, melanoma presentations, and non-melanocytic lesions
- Thorough explorations of basal cell carcinoma and keratinocyte dysplasia
- Practical discussions of several special sites, including acral, nail, facial, and scalp lesions, as well as trichoscopy
- In-depth examinations of vascular lesions, inflammoscopy for general dermatology, and entomodermoscopy
- Detailed illustrations of genetic and iatrogenic lesions
- Tips from international experts in melanoma diagnosis
Diagnostic Dermoscopy is the ideal resource for dermatologists, primary care physicians, plastic surgeons and allied health practitioners involved in skin lesion and melanoma diagnosis.