The book consists of 19 chapters and number of figures and tables for easy understanding. The book addresses fundamental concepts, radiation biology, radiation protection standards, radiation hazards and evaluation, disposal of radioactive waste, transport of radioactive material, radiation regulation, radiation emergencies and medical management and emergency response plans and preparedness. Planning a radiation facility, quality assurance, shielding calculation and model layout plans are also given in much detail. For easy understanding, the above information is given under separate headings: Diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, and radiation therapy.
- Book has 19 chapters, incorporating all recent developments in the field.
- Book has 119 figures, 102 tables with worked examples for easy understanding.
- Based on the syllabus of MSc Medical Physics of Indian Universities.
- Useful for Radiological Safety Officer’s (RSO) preparatory examinations of Medical Physicists, and Nuclear Medicine Technologists.
- Targets MD/DNB students of Diagnostic Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiation Oncology of National Medical Commission/Medical Universities, and National Board, Government of India.
- Covers the regulatory aspects of radiation related to medicine.
- Safety requirements, planning, and shielding calculations of radiological facilities are included with model layouts.