The book consists of 15 chapters, includes large number of figures and tables for easy understanding of the concepts. The book addresses fundamental physics, interaction of radiation with matter, radiation units, radiation dosimetry, radiation detection and measurements, radiation equipment, treatment planning, quality assurance, regulatory aspects, and radiation protection. Attempts have been made to incorporate imaging principle since its role is much important in 3D treatment planning. Clinical application with worked examples are included for easy understanding wherever it is needed. Every effort has been taken to provide latest technology which is currently in use for the benefit of students.
- First-of-its-kind in India and has 15 chapters from basics to present.
- Has about 309 figures and about 60 tables with citations and worked examples.
- Latest treatment techniques like 3D-CRT, IMRT, IGRT, SRS/SRT and SBRT are incorporated with clinical examples.
- Newer topic like Oncology Imaging is included; CT, PET-CT, MRI, and Ultrasonography are also described.
- Based on the syllabus of MD (Radiation Oncology) of Medical Universities, both in India and abroad.
- Describes various equipment used in cancer treatment.
- Modern gadgets like Cyber knife, Tomotherapy and proton therapy physics aspects are discussed.
- Covers the fundamental concepts, equipment principle, dosimetry, treatment planning, quality assurance, and radiation protection.
- Special emphasis is given on brachytherapy and particle therapy.